Saturday, October 17, 2009

A day in Malacca

Firstly, I'd thanks Stephanie once again for planning this trip and suggesting the locations and also thanks Eu Ling and Chong Ee for directions around Malacca.

Last Thursday I had a food-hunting session in Malacca. As usual, I need to wait for her to get ready before leaving to Malacca. Girl being girls....
It wasn't my first time here as I've been here twice and this is my third time travelling to Malacca for food. One of the thing I always crave for when I go to Malacca is their cendol but the cendol I've been craving for most wouldn't be there on weekdays as they are only available on Saturdays and Sundays.The journey to Malacca was a smooth one as we didn't get ourselves stuck in a jam. It was a Thursday so the traffic conditions were quite good.
The journey was about 1 1/2 hours. Malacca wasn't that far and once I reached Malacca, our first stop was to head on to Jonker street for Cendol!
This was the cendol stall near the place we parked at Jonker Street. It was great as I'm a cendol freak. I love Malaccan's cendol. I just ordered a bowl as I thought of trying out more cendol later from different stall.
Then we went for chicken rice ball located at Jonker Street as well. It was great and it wasn't that pricy either. After that we walked around Jonker Street a while looking at stuffs nearby the area before we left for Prawn Wan Ton!
Thanks Chong Ee for the directions here else we'd be lost in Malacca. This is the ONLY meal where she ate MORE than me. She ate most of it, well, she's a prawn freak.

Then we sorta drove around Malacca going places randomly not knowing where the roads will lead us too as we are looking for St Paul's Hill.

Passed by lots of random places and even the Eye of Malacca. It just looks like nobody is playing that stuff though. In the end we did find our way to the historical place. Nothing much to do in here except enjoying the remaining of the fort and also some photography session.She just wants to take pictures, lots n lots of them. So in the end, we actually took like more than 300 pictures in the whole Malacca trip after browsing through the camera but I don't think I'll upload them in facebook. Kinda lazy to do it.

Walked around Malacca's Megamall for a short while, nothing tempting there so we went straight to our next destination, Nadeje's. They make tasty cakes. These layered cakes are really really awesome.
2 person, 2 slices and 2 drinks. The cake is good but it wasn't really cheap but its really worth the money paid. We then headed to pork satay! It was the same store as the one we went with Steph last year. It was good and you cant find PORK satay in KAJANG. So its really worth it.

Next on the list was to catch the sunset in a beach and we walked around to look for the beach and even asked for directions from Malaccans. Well, it was a failure looking for the beach as the beach we found was quite dirty and off-limits. Hmmph, we went to the wrong place maybe....

So we left this place and headed back to Jonker street to look for food AGAIN. Sadly, everything in Jonker Street starts to close at 6 on Thursday so we never get a chance to try Steph's aunts very own Baba & Nyonya food. Worse off, cendol stores are closed as well, I failed to get my second bowl of cendol =(((((

Then we ended up calling Eu Ling and Chong Ee to come out earlier for dinner than planned as our dinner plan was ruined. So they needed some time to prepare and we waited for them.

Well, at least she got really impatient and hungry while waiting for them to arrive.

After meeting up together, we went for seafood! Bamboo clams, stingrays and and prawns again! They are just tastes so good. I love the bamboo clams. This place is full of hungry cats where they will be all over you just for you to throw them some food.

Last but not least, we had our supper before we left Malacca. It was one of the best food available in Malacca besides the cendol. It's satay celup! They got quite a range of selections here and the best of it all its....
Gigantic prawn.. awesome ain't it?
Thanks guys for taking us around Malacca. It's my 3rd time down to Malacca just for food and I really really tell myself that I'll be back to Malacca for another time for the food there. Without the plannings and directions by Steph, Eu Ling and Chong Ee, we wouldn't have manage to get ourselves around Malacca food.

All we did in this trip is... eat eat eat eat eat eat and EAT! Fattening? yes.. but it's all worth it. Malacca is a city of Food!

Well, the pig actually ended up sleeping in the journey back to KL.....

No comments: