Saturday, November 28, 2009

End of Week 9

Today is the end of Week 9 and I've been slightly lazy this week with my studies. I did not touch much on my coursework but been busy with other stuff like bird nests and this machine here.
It's a filter press and been playing with this machine for 2 weeks. Well, the machine wasn't that fun to play with but with a bunch of good and hardworking groupmates like them, it felt much better.
Yeah, my group consists of 3 girls and it's randomly selected. The lab this year is so different from previous years. Everything have to be planned and prepared ourselves unlike the years before, everything is right in front of our eyes. Unlike Steph's group which used charcoal, we used newspaper and it took me lots of time shredding it while watching some TVB series. I prepared the feed and the girls did most of the research. Hardworking girls.

As I was busy with the experiment, my groupmates were being a very good onlooker, one even sitting on a chair with her legs crossed. They really know how to spare guys well!
And another 1 even left blurring.

The end result of this filtration was a cake which looks like this
Well, it's kinda thick and these were one of the most successful outcome in one of the runs.

Altogether, my groupmates were great and I guess we did quite a good job in this!

Back to studies, I just realized that my courseworks are gonna be due in 2 weeks time, means its gonna be a hectic week and hope I manage to figure out how to do my coursework before I start asking around. Hmmm.. Easier said than done.

No comments: